Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We Need More Love... Not War!

So I was thinking a lot about Medical school today. I am so excited to become a doctor. I used to be so attracted to the money and stable lifestyle. As I get older I seem to care less about what I money I make and more about what I create. A better way to word it is. As the more mature I get the more I care about how I can create a better world everyone rather than a better world for my future family and I. I would love to do a lot of humanitarian aid across the world. I know that the demand for this kind of service will get more and more needed. I am excited to eventually be apart of a greater good.

The good thing is I know my family will be right on board with me. I know I have at least one sister and her family, and my brothers on board with me. I just want to show others in our country that we can better lives around the world with out war. I hear about great things that are happening in Iraq from my military friends. However these things have been happening for years without the presence of war. When I watch movies like Hotel Rwanda and Blood Diamond. I think of how we as Americans have really not been a responsible world leader. We need to use our wealth to help help others. I'm sure that many would call me a hippie, well so be it. I'll be a hippie, but I think the modern term is an activist. I understand that not everyone feels we should get involved but I feel we need to at least provide basic needs to our less fortunate world partners. No matter what lifestyle a person has chosen or born into that person deserves to have the basics. The Lord blesses us so that we can bless others.

I love the human body. I want to be a doctor so I can help people better there lives. However the Lord is blessing me with the opportunity to be a doctor and I must use that gift to improve the lives of others. I want to be involved in the solution of our health care system. I don't have the knowledge I need yet but I am on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment