Monday, February 9, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Well this is my first time I have ever blogged before. I thought it was kind of weird but I think it could be really therapeutic for me. I got the idea because a friend blogs and it helps her a lot with all that she is going through. I don't think that I'll be the kind of blogger that tells what's going on. My life isn't too eventful. I'll probably just talk about things on my mind. So here it goes...

Tonight my mind is on my future. More specifically when will I be able to get married and be able to have kids. This is on my mind a lot but is very present right now because I just finished watching Baby Mama. For those of you who haven't seen the movie its so good. You should watch it. I want a family so bad right now! Its pretty abnormal for me, being a guy, to be baby hungry. Then again I'm not really the stereotypical guy. All I have is my nieces and nephews. I milk it all I can. I have tons of pictures of them on my magnetic board and a bunch of their art work on my bedroom door. Its not the same as having your own child I now but I have to settle for what I can get. Children are really a blessing from God. I don't know why exactly I love kids so much. Maybe its their innocence or their carefree nature or the fact that they love the best.

The first thing that I need to work on is finding someone to start a family with. I long for the companionship that I see my friends have. I really want to come home to someone I love and just cuddle and talk about our day. I wish I had someone that at the end of the day I could rub her feet to help her relax. Listen to my wife talk about her stressful day and then comfort her. I want to do those thing not because I like to rub feet or hear someone complain. I want all that because I want a relationship where unconditional love prevails. I don't just want to love someone unconditionally but be loved by someone unconditionally in a non-platonic way.

I guess I have to just keep looking for someone I can share eternity with. Unfortunately I don't think I'm patient enough.

3 comments:

  1. don't stress about it - you're just picky! :) But that means the right one will come and be very right. I keep meaning to set you up with my friend when she comes up, but i have to wait until she isn't vehemently opposed to being set up. And I can't decided what you guys would think of each other. this is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool mark, good idea...sometimes it is just nice to write down your thoughts and communicate them to someone, somewhere...good luck on the wife thang...you know how it was for me...sometimes you have to wait longer than you feel you want, but it comes along when the time is right...and it is definitely worth it....I sound like I am giving some kind of chastity talk...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tay and Moi. Yeah it was nice to be able to express my feelings. Its easier to talk about these things this way.

    ReplyDelete