Sunday, January 17, 2010

No One's Got it All

So there is a song by Regina Spektor that has really caught my attention. The song is called Hero. I heard it from the movie 500 days of summer. This movie is seriously so good. You should see it. Any way I'm not sure what the song is about, but by the tone and the few lyrics it seems pretty dreary. It seems to me that she is pointing out that everyone has flaws. The great thing about the lyrics is the questions it provokes.
One of my theories to the meaning of the song is one of our misconception of who the hero is. I think that she is talking about how America is only worried about our happiness. That America's assistance to others is really a vain pursuit. American's need to feel better about there uses of the abundant resources attained. So when she says "I'm the hero of this story, I don't need to be saved." Regina could be referring to the fact that she may not have all the average American has, but she has contentment.
Another thought that this song brings to my attention is about accepting that we have flaws. When I say accept I don't mean to keep our flaws. I am talking about accepting that we have them and its OK. The problem is not facing them and correcting to best of our ability.
I love music it is the best past time for me. I hope someday to share my love of musical poetry with someone. I love to analyze it and feel the emotion of the song.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one and am now going to look up the song.

    ReplyDelete