Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Conversation With Myself.

If my life was a musical the following song would be appropriate. This is the song Water and Bridges by Dashboard Confessional. I broke it down into parts for My Persona and My Soul. Its a conversation between the two in Musical form. I also changed the word girl to myself.

My Affectation:
There's things I know I should have mentioned sooner. But I didn't know how. I'm sorry I lost you, I never thought that this could come between us, I know its water and bridges now
My Soul: But what's the sense in carrying around
My Affectation: This weight, these words are tearing me apart
My Soul: And that's enough for the back to break,That's enough for a mouth to take
My Affectation: But I've been paying for it since I drove myself away
My Soul: And that's the sign of a solemn man
My Affectation: I'll make the best of the best I can, And I'll be better for it if I ever get my chance
My Soul: That face, I know exactly what you're thinking
My Affectation: But I'm certain this time is different
My Soul: And that's why I can't pretend that everything is mended
My Affectation: I know I've tried to for too long now
My Soul: But what's the sense in carrying around, This weight, these words are tearing me apart, And that's enough for the back to break, That's enough for a mouth to take
My Affectation: But I've been paying for it since I drove myself away
My Soul: And that's the sign of a solemn man, I'll make the best of the best I can
My Affectation: And I'll be better for it if I ever get my chance
My Soul and Affectation: Oh save me from a grey life. Oh save me from a grey life
My Persona: I paid the price with my soul
My Soul: Oh save me. And that's enough for the back to break
My Affectation: That's enough for a mouth to take. But I've been paying for it since I drove myself away
My Soul: And that's the sign of a solemn man. I'll make the best of the best I can and I'll be better for it if I ever get my chance
My Soul and Affectation: If I ever get my chance. If I ever get my chance. If I ever get my chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment