Saturday, January 7, 2012

I got to get me outta here

I should have written this hours after the fact, but too bad.  Its over.  If you look at the description you can see that I made some minor, but significant changes.  I am no longer a student of BYU.  It's about damn time.
Reflecting on my experience I can divide my BYU experience in 3 distinct segments.  The first being my freshman year.  It was a time where I learned how to live on my own.  I had a rude awakening, as most freshman do.  We all were the smart ones, but now the smart ones are competing for that title.  Then post mission, those were the good times.  I was still very deep in the closet and successfully keeping my self hatred at bay. Then there was the depression segment.  This obviously was the worst.  I was on a journey of self discovery.  I had never allowed my self to truly feel the trauma I had experienced growing up.  Most importantly I finally stopped lying to myself and quit dating girls.
I love BYU, but I also hate it.  I gained some of the best friends I have ever had.  I had many new experiences.  It's like we are told in the scriptures, that since there is good there must be evil.  I certainly had "evil" times.  When I say evil I mean bad.
Its over and its scary, but I need to move on.

1 comment: