Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3.33 Miles and A Little Chat

Distance: 3.33mi
Type: barefoot
Music: Libbie LInton/Tommy May
Speed: Kind of Slow - 8:20 minute/mi

So my run today was a little slow but that's ok. So during my run I thought about a few things. First I thought about the fact that I just got accepted to join a research team that is studying barefoot running! So naturally I was/am pumped to learn more about it. Find out how it affects the foot muscles and compare the five finger shoes to completely barefoot.

My thoughts turned to my relationship with my father. I came to a conclusion that might help me. I now that I am too sensitive to interaction with others. I also know that my dad is the opposite. That's what makes it difficult for us to have a good relationship. My dad needs to learn to be more sensitive, not only for my sake but for my mom. I need to learn to be less sensitive. I don't want rid my self of sensitivity of others but become less sensitive to others actions towards me. I think I have learned how to do this with most people. However I seem to fail at it with my father and a few others a lot like my father.

Then I talked with my brother Tommy for a little while. It was quick but nice. I like that I can talk on the phone while I run. We just talked about my new research opportunity and his research. It was good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment