Saturday, March 28, 2009

How Embarrassing for Me!

So I watched a frontline episode that my sister emailed me. My response: WOW! I can't believe that I followed the republic party for all those years so blindly. I am so embarrassed. It seems to me that republicans want less taxes but don't want to give up the benefits like social security, medicare and Medicaid. That does not make any sense. Even the beloved Ronald Regan realized that we could not cut taxes. Bush senior realized that we couldn't cut taxes even after his famous phrase "Read my lips no new taxes." Bush senior realized he had to do raise the taxes because of the huge deficit. Bill Clinton put America on track for redemption we started to have surplus again. It looked as though we were going to continue to have that surplus for years. Then our old friend George W. Bush cut taxes for mostly the wealthy and we started to borrow more money once again. Things got more compounded with the war. The cost of the war was too much with these new tax policies. Bush resisted the warnings to abandon these tax cuts. Then the economy started to fall fast to where we are now.
WOW! Was the only reaction I have. I just like most of the religious population was discussed with Bill Clinton's immoral behavior. I like so many was blinded by the great things he did help this country in the long run. I am so embarrassed with my self for thinking so horribly about Bill Clinton. I may not agree with his adultery, but the more I learn about his political agenda the more I realize he is one of the best presidents in my lifetime.
So if any of your are asking about my most embarrassing moment there it is. I was band wagon Republican who raising taxes were the worst thing ever, who thought to much about now and not enough about the future. Like my sister said to a me about a scantily clad cut out of Paris Hilton "Oh my goodness, how embarrassing."

No comments:

Post a Comment