Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Can't take these Slogans No More -Bob Marley

So I watched the next to last episode of the real world last night. Judge me if you want but I love this show. This season is much more positive than others and people are much more mature too. So a lot of the focus was on Ryan going back to Iraq. Well it was touching to me because I saw his pain. It makes me more frustrated with the war because he has to fight a war he doesn't believe in. It was annoying that Chet kept telling him "I'm glad you are fighting to make me free." I don't believe the war is to help protect our freedom although it may have started for that reason.

I do think Ryan is a hero though. Not because he fighting to protect our freedoms. I think he is a hero because he made a commitment and he honoring it even though he is participating in something he doesn't believe in. Not only does he do it but he puts all of himself into it. I really respect that. Ryan is an inspiring man and deserves the recognition.

This episode was also touching to me because I spent the afternoon with a friend who is being deployed soon to Iraq. It just sucks because the only thing she seemed be excited was that it was going to be her last. Its sad that she has to go because I don't think that so many soldiers should have to go again and again.

They have been fighting since Jesus. How do we think that we are helping when those fighting don't seem to want us there. I think we should just continue to provide humanitarian aid and not soldiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment