Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Legs Weren't Sturdy

Saturday was an epic failure. My marathon was that day and I had to drop out. All that training got me to the 16 mile mark. Its not that I can't run a marathon... I've done it before. I threw up and my muscles cramped up. It was probably due to my poor diet the past two weeks. When I got back from Michigan I was determined to loose 15 lbs in 10 weeks. Well I ended up gaining 5 lbs. Any way the biggest contributor to my poor performance saturday was the lack of sleep. In the 3 previous nights I had only got 10 hours of sleep.
Need less to say I feel like a looser and a failure. However I want to try to turn this into a positive experience. Tomorrow I'm going to get back on track with my sleep, diet and exercise routine. My goal... to loose 15 lbs. by my friends wedding in August. Its possible but still will be difficult. I hope I can stick to it.

1 comment:

  1. Mark, running 16 miles isn't a failure. Running marathons more than once isn't a failure. Staying in bed and doing nothing is (unless ya know its a day off or you're sick).

    Your running inspires me, please don't deem yourself a failure just keep going.

    ReplyDelete