Monday, February 7, 2011

Barefoot but not Painless

Time: Unsure
Pace: 8:45
Distance: about 5 mi
Type: Outside Barefoot
Mood Before: Angry
Mood After: Tired
iPod:
Artist: Heartless Bastards
Album: The Mountain


So this was the longest I have ever run barefoot. My calfs are witness to it. My left calf started to hurt within the first mile... that was weird. I forgot to push resume after waiting for a turn to cross the street. So my trusty iPhone didn't help me out with the stats this time... user error. I wish I had good insightful things that I thought about during my run, but I don't . I was mostly recognizing the pain in my legs. My legs tired a little to quickly, but running barefoot can do that. However the main reason I didn't think about anything deep is that I had a difficult weekend and then that was followed by a difficult session with my therapist. I snapped at her, I was frustrated with some of the things she was discussing. When she started comparing my possibly life long trail she compared it to school I snapped. I became too frustrated to sit quietly. I may have been too harsh. Then the day before I had a emotional breakdown at church in front of the congregation. My seat put me in good view of all and my sniffling was easily heard. If anyone in my ward read this, sorry. Any way I am so fed up with convincing myself everyday life is worth it. Now after my public water work display and taking my frustration out on my counselor I didn't want to think about anything related to emotion. So I thought about how cool it would be to have Matt Damon or Brad Pitt's body by the MCAT. However with my fat percentage of 20 it is near impossible or better stated improbable. So then I thought how cool would it be if my arms gained another inch and my fat percentage decreased into the healthy range. Since I am taking the MCAT in Michigan I thought it would be cool to be able to bench press my sister... or my brother in law. I'm sure they wouldn't go for it. So after day dreaming about how cool it would be to have a good physique my run ended So today my thoughts were turned vain. Oh well...

1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    in the words of a fish: just keep swimming.
    life will get better... I dont know when or how but it will and you will be there to see it through

    ReplyDelete