Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Chemical Romance Changed its Status to Most Played on my iPod

So the past couple of days I have been listening to the album The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. I don't know why I didn't realize how awesome their music was. I have loved the song Welcome to the Black Parade, but I never really listened to many of the other songs. Wow! (I don't mean the sarcastic wow I am known for) So I never really understood how emo this band was. I am so used to listening to bands a lot more mellow. As I listened to the lyrics of songs like Mama and I Don't Love You. I realized that these guys are actually poetic. To someone who is repulsed by the "hardness" nature of the music would miss the meaning. I was analyzing one of the harder songs on the album and realized how well the music matched the lyrics. I love when the actual music speaks the same language as the lyrics. So its not that My Chemical Romance has received a thrown in my music library. I would recommend this album to everyone, but I realize not everyone is into this kind of Music. If you are a big fan of Tim Burton movies, like The Nightmare Before Christmas or That Bride Corpse movie I think you'll enjoy the dark art of The Black Parade. But since I know the majority of people who read this are my sisters. I can't imagine Si or Misty jamming out to a song that they would probably call heavy metal (so you know Misty and Si, it would be an insult to My Chemical Romance to call their music heavy metal, heavy metal is dead and should stay that way. ) My Chemical Romance please grace me more with your musical and lyrical poetry.

2 comments:

  1. Okay I am a little offended (in a friendly way) I could totally jam out to this, in fact I have heard "famous last words", and liked it. (You are talking about the sis who loved Jon Bon Jovi and Whitesnake.)

    Anyway I've checked out Mat Kearney and My Chemical Romance and I approve. ANything with good airguitar trumps acoustic and rap anyday for me! I have yet to truly annalyze the lyrics, but I'll back to you on that

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I have to say that this sister is a little more clueless. And although I find those movies anoying mainly because the drawing and movments of te characters; I 'll have to check out the song. Well that is if we ever have working speakers on our cumputer again.

    ReplyDelete