Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Bet Worth Losing

So last night after a somewhat intense study session with my friend in the library. I was approached by a girl asking me to kiss her. Wow! Before you think that I have such a power over girls I just want to refute that. I probably have the opposite effect. Any way she was trying to win a bet that she would kiss someone by the end of the semester. It was almost her midnight deadline. People who know me know that I have a hard time saying no when people ask me for things. So I debated with her and discussed the minimum requirement for her bet to be fulfilled.

Although I have a hard time saying no. I declined the offer. I felt so bad because I could tell that she feeling bad about herself for not being able to fulfill this bet. So when told her my decision I added that she shouldn't let this bet affect her self worth. I felt bad that I didn't let her give me a peck on the lips, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm no the NICMO kind of guy. I know too many people, mostly girls, judge themselves on how many dates, boyfriends, or kisses they have had. Outside the church a lot of girls and guys lack self worth so they become sluts. That is horrible because every person on this earth is worth more than that.

I just hope that this girl learns for herself that even though she lost the bet she is still worth a lot to many people. One day she will find someone who will kiss her for more than a fulfillment of a bet but because he cares so much about her. I just hope that she didn't let her self worth depend on this silly bet and realizes that she deserves more than a random kiss from some guy.

3 comments:

  1. What about that girl who kiss-raped you? Hee hee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe such singular kisses are just flowers we cut and give away before they die on the stem?

    ReplyDelete