Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Believe it or not Mark's walking on air

So today was my first day in the ER at the hospital. I was really nervous because I didn't want to ruin this great opportunity. As I was waiting to be orientated I was pulled away by Albert (an EMT) and taken back to assist with triage. I was helping with IVs, blood draws, vitals and all other sorts of stuff. I was shocked I was able to do all that... but I could! I started to feel somewhat like a medical professional. Even though I was nervous I wasn't nervous about doing in any of the tasks. It was the usual meeting new people nervousness. I felt so much at home. I jumped into action where needed. I saw interns, doctors, etc. discussing patients and treating them and it felt normal and so right.
I've been worried if I could handle the task of Medical School, but I know now where I belong. Is like I discovered myself for the first time. I feel a huge sense of euphoria. Before my experience today euphoria only came from music, however it wasn't complete. I new that I could never be a musical poet. I knew it wasn't me, even though I wish I was. I love how Matt is a musical genius, but I knew I didn't have his gift. Today I felt that euphoria and knew that could be me. So today was a real turning point in my life. My drive is stronger, therefore my abilities are greater.

1 comment: