Sunday, November 15, 2009

My New Medication

So I've been training for a marathon. Those familiar with the training process know that there is a day where you have a long run. My long run isn't that long yet but for a beginner like me eight miles can be challenging. I've been sore the past couple of days so when my Saturday run came I was contemplating whether I should run or not. I came to the decision that I should take a break. Besides I workout everyday for at least and hour and the marathon isn't until June 12.

So I went on with my day, the usual Saturday cleaning. Even though I wasn't going to run for a long time I was going to run later in the day. Well when it came time to run... I said screw it and I ran 8.4 miles. It was great! I felt good while I was running and when I got home I felt like I could keep going. While I was lost in the area of Denver called Green Valley Ranch I realized that I have a new drug. Get ready for this Sariah... its running. Yes I am so surprised I finally got the running bug. It is just so exhilarating to to run for an hour or so. It clears your mind and relaxes you. So I say forget about Zoloft or Prozac. Running is my medication and its common side effects are very desirable.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!
    Mark that is awesome! running is amazing. and trust me, coming from someone who isnt able to go that far (or i wont for at least a little while more) dont take it for granite, it is an exhilarating gift that you have
    i'm proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! This makes me really happy,...just as happy as running a 17 miler on a beautiful fall morning in Provo Canyon with my running BFF Sarah at a quick, but somewhat comfortable 7:50 mile pace, listening to "I'm like a Bird" on the way home and then stopping by Einsteins bagels for breakfast!....those were the days

    ReplyDelete